My 2011 the best year yet for your favorite four legged friends living in your family.
I know the end of January is nearing, but it is never to late to adopt one or more of these New Year’s Resolutions to improve the lives of pets, people, and homeless animals.
1. Get a microchip for your dog, and make sure your dog’s ID tags are up to date and on the collar.
2. Get exercise for yourself and your dog by taking your dog walking every day.
3. Play with your cat every day.
4. Food does not equal love! Keep your pet fit and trim for the most satisfying life.
5. Keep a pet necessities pack ready to go in case of emergency, including a leash, food, medication.
6. Teach your children the humane treatment of all animals.
7. Keep up to date on your pets’ annual vet appointments.
8. Encourage everyone you know to spay or neuter their pets.
9. Volunteer at a local animal shelter or rescue group.
10. Make a donation of money or supplies to your local humane society.
Adapted from The Oregon Humane Society
Leave A Comment