As summer vacation approaches, maybe you’ve recently made the smart decision that you’re going to consider the pet sitting options in Knoxville and Oak Ridge for the care of your pets.
You know that pet sitters allow your pets in stay in the comfort and security of your own home, while giving you the piece of mind that a caring pet professional is taking care of them. But how do you know what pet sitter to choose?
We’re going to take a look at the top 5 things that you should look for when picking the right pet sitting company for you and your pets.
1. Does the pet sitter have bonding and insurance? When a pet sitting company has industry specific insurance and bonding, it lets you know that this is not a “side” job for them. It is their line of work and they take it seriously. Bonding and insurance gives you the piece of mind to know your pets and your property are covered regardless of what accident might happen. Ask to see the pet sitter’s certificate of coverage to ensure it is a legitimate coverage policy.
2. Is it a one person company or run by a team of pet sitters? When you book services with a single pet sitter company, you take a risk. What happens if the sitter becomes sick, injured, or has to be hospitalized. At best they are able to have a friend or family member fill in for them. At worst you’re scrambling to get home to your pet. If you book with a company that has a team of pet sitters you can be sure that there will always be an experienced pet professional to take care of your furry family members. And don’t worry, we won’t all take our vacations the exact same week that you want to!
3. How are they with communication? When you call the pet sitting company is there a professional voicemail stating the company’s name, or does it sound like a personal cell-phone message? Are phone calls returned in a timely matter? Can you email and receive a quick response? All of these things are of utmost importance when you want to get in touch to check in on your pet. Our policy is that all phone call are returned on the same business day, and emails are normally responded to even sooner – definitely within 12 hours.
4. Does the pet sitting company have good business practices? Sometimes it’s the little things that make a big difference. Does your pet sitter provide a confirmation invoice for the services scheduled so that visit dates can be double checked and verified? Is there an option for scheduling services online so that you can arrangement for fido’s care on the go? Can you pay by credit card or PayPal if you like? Waggy Tails gives you all of these options.
5. What is the company’s online presence like? When you go to the pet sitting company’s website does it look professionally done? Are they active on social media? When you see a pet sitting company that is connecting on Facebook and Twitter it is a lot easier to hold them accountable for excellent service and check testimonials than one that is not.