Listed below are the top 7 ingredients that you never want to see on your pet’s food label …..
1. By-Product: Can include any part of any animal and it’s not fit for human consumption.
2. Dried Beet Pulp (sugar removed); Peanut Shells (peanuts removed): No nutritional value. It’s added to create firm stools and can cause dehydration and mask symptoms of certain diseases, which could delay treatment and recovery. Peanut shells can also contain harmful bacteria.
3. Menadione (Vitamin K3): Obscure ingredient usually listed with many poly-syllable words following it. Synthetic and cheaper version of vitamin K3 that can cause liver and kidney damage, weaken the immune system and much more. May appear as “dimethylprimidinol sulfate” without menadione in front of it.
4. Ethoxyguin: Artificial preservative that has been banned from human consumption and is considered a pesticide by the Department of Agriculture.
5. Butylated Hydroxyanisole (BHA): Artificial preservative and is listed as a chemical hazard by OSHA and has been linked to causing cancer for humans.
6. Butylated Hydroxytoluene (BHT): Artificial preservative and is listed as a chemical hazard by OSHA and has been linked to causing cancer.
7. Soy: Inferior protein that is difficult for pets to digest. Does not meet the nutritional requirements for dogs or cats.