With so many choices out there in different sizes, colors, and shapes, choosing a dog bed can be quite a difficult choice.
It can be very confusing to choose the bed best suited for your dog’s needs when stores and catalogs are filled with different options. When you do make a choice, normally the bed you choose is a combination of your personal taste, your dog’s needs (age, size), and how your dog likes to sleep.
Instead of leaving this important decision up to chance, consider the 3 “core” choices when selecting a bed.
1. Price – Dog beds can range from $10 to hundreds of dollars depending on the size, fill, and type of bed.
2. Stuffing – There are 4 main options:
* Polyfill – the bed contains tubes of polyfil made out of recycled plastics that act of separate sections that move with your dog for comfort
* Box spring – good support just like a human mattress
* foam – a classic approach or specially made for orthopedic support to conforms to your dog’s body
* combination – found in highest priced mattresses for the most comfortable option
3. Style – There are 5 main styles of beds:
* Classic Canine Bed – look like a mattress for people with plenty of room to stretch out
* Bolster or Nesting Bed – soft sides and cushioned bottom covered with a soft and cozy material
* Snuggle Bed – round, oval, or square-walled beds covered with something like suede or fleece
* Orthopedic Dog Bed – extra support with special foal made for dogs with arthritis or joint problems
* Travel Bed – integrated with an attached stuff sack allowing for easy and portable travel
Info courtesy of Jasper and Zoe’s Blog
photo credits: Cosmicar TV Lens Test Shot 25mm via photopin (license); photo credit: DSC01881 via photopin (license)
Leave A Comment